The Daffodil Standards
At Bluebell Lane Surgery, we are striving to achieve ‘The Daffodil Standards’
The Daffodil Standards is the RCGP and Marie Curie UK General Practice Core Standards for Advanced Serious Illness and End of Life Care.
They are a blend of quality statements, evidence-based tools, reflective learning exercises and quality improvement steps.
The Standards offer a structure to enable practices to be proactive organisations in which continuous learning and quality improvement steps are an integral part of caring for people affected by Advanced Serious Illness and End of Life Care.
- Professional and competent staff
- Early identification
- Carer Support – before and after death
- Seamless, planned, coordinated care
- Assessment of unique needs of the patient
- Quality care during the last days of life
- Care after death
- General practice as hubs within compassionate communities
The Daffodil standards take around 3 years to achieve and Bluebell Lane Surgery is currently in the process of completing each stage.