Why do we charge?
Patients sometimes require services which fall outside of our NHS work, for example letters to non NHS agencies (housing, solicitors, etc), signing passports, letters regarding holiday cancellation, etc.
We get hundreds of such requests every year, each of which requires time from the doctor, receptionist, and secretaries. None of this work is reimbursed by the NHS and it would simply not be viable to do all this work for free. To waive the fee on an individual basis would be unfair to those who do pay.
There are set fees for these services (below) and we will require payment before we do the work. This can be done by cash or card at reception.
In order to avoid this cost, it may be worth considering whether a GP letter is actually necessary.
Letters and private sick notes(including student notes)
- Sick note £10.50
- Short letter £16
- Detailed letter £26.50
- Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) evidence form £10.50
Pre-employment Medicals / Full Medicals / BUPAPrivate / Jet Medicals / Camp America / Taxi medicals
- With exam (student) £75.50
- With exam (non student) £112.50
- Without exam (student) £56
- Without exam (non student) £84
- Health questionnaires/Clothier / Occ Health £26.50
- General Dental Council £84
- Seafarer medicals £105